Fried chicken is a very common meal in this world. However, you can fine-tuned it to make it even more delicious than standard run-of-the-mill recipe. In this recipe, we will use some herbs and spices to make it stunning.
- 2 kilograms of chicken
- Coconut cooking oil
- 2 pcs of lemongrass
- 5 leaves of bay leaf
- 2 pcs of galangal
- 3 pcs of turmeric
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 10 pcs of candlenut
- Small amount of coriander
- 4 tbsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 700 mililitres of water
- Blend ALL of the spices
- Mix the blended spices with the chicken in the pot. You can use additional water to get all of the spices inside the blender.
- Put bay leaf, galangal, and crushed lemongrass into your mixed chicken and spices.
- Heat up your frying pan and drip your coconut cooking oil.
- Drop ALL of your mixed chicken, spices, and herbs into the frying pan. You can use additional water to get all everything into your frying pan.
- Boil everything inside the frying pan until the water is drying up. Stir them occasionally.
- Collect your marinated chicken into your favorite food container. You can put it inside the refrigerator and it will be good for use for up to one week.
- To fry your chicken, you need usual using coconut cooking oil and standard frying pan.
- Fry it until golden, and you are good to go!
Cumin sould be used if you cannot find any coriander in your area. Ginger is best suited to change galangal and turmeric. If you cannot find candlenut, you can use macadamia nuts to get the same textures and oil content.
Simple yet tasty recipe from Awita Family! You should be able to find all of that herbs and spices in the Asian supermarket. If you for some cases cannot find the ingredients, we have put the alternative ingredient below the notes.
We have detailed instruction with easy to follow video as embedded above. If you have any question, you can ask here in the comment section or in the youtube comment section.
Interested to submit your own recipe? Contact us here!